Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site is administered by a Steering Group assisted by an Executive Group, working to a Management Plan for the Site. The Steering and Executive Groups are supported by a World Heritage Site Co-ordinator.
The Steering Group currently meets three times a year and in accordance with its terms of reference works to uphold the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the Site and promote Maritime Greenwich at local, national and international levels. The Steering Group comprises World Heritage Site Executive Group partners, Greenwich based organisations, statutory and advisory bodies, transport organisations and three independent recruited from the local community.
World Heritage Executive Members
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Royal Museums Greenwich
University of Greenwich
The Royal Parks
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
St Alfege Church
Other Greenwich Organisations
Our Steering Group is chaired by Councillor Denise Hyland, leader of the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
- Denise Hyland Leader of the Council Royal Borough of Greenwich
The Steering Group is assisted by an Executive Group formed of a number of World Heritage partner organisations. The Executive works under separate terms of reference and is responsible for the overall management of the World Heritage Site and implementing decisions of the Steering Group. The Executive Group is chaired by William Palin and our members are:
- William Palin Conservation Director Old Royal Naval College
- Dr Kevin Fewster Director Royal Museums Greenwich
- Tracey Sage Culture, Tourism and Heritage Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Graham Dear Park Manager Greenwich Park
- Mervyn Fernandes Greenwich Town Centre Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Jonathan Peel Director of Operations and Business Enterprise Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Michael Flanagan Director of Estates and Facilities University of Greenwich
- Gillie Bexson Head of Property Greenwich Hospital
- Pieter van der Merwe Deputy Lieutenant for Greenwich and General Editor and Curator Royal Museums Greenwich
- Revd Christopher Moody Vicar St Alfege Church, Greenwich
World Heritage Site Co-ordinator
The World Heritage Site Co-ordinator reports to the Chair of the World Heritage Site Executive Group and is responsible for revising and implementing the Management Plan for the site, liaising with partners and stakeholders, and financial and administrative management. The Co-ordinator also liaises with other World Heritage Sites, UNESCO, government, and statutory and advisory bodies, to exchange information, identify best practice and represent Maritime Greenwich at World Heritage meetings.
- Peter Marsden World Heritage Site Coordinator Maritime Greenwich World Heritage