Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site is governed by a World Heritage Site Partnership (the Partnership) and managed by a core executive sub group (the Executive) of the Partnership , working to a Management Plan for the Site. The Partnership and Executive are supported by a World Heritage Site Co-ordinator.
World Heritage Site Partnership
The Partnership meets annually (usually in March) and in accordance with its terms of reference works to uphold the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the Site and promote Maritime Greenwich at local, national and international levels. The Partnership comprises World Heritage Site Executive partners, statutory and advisory bodies and relevant transport organisations.
World Heritage Executive Members
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Royal Museums Greenwich
University of Greenwich
The Royal Parks
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
St Alfege Church
Our Partnership is currently chaired by Councillor Denise Hyland, Deputy Mayor, Royal Borough of Greenwich. The position of Chair formally rests with the Leader of the Royal Borough who may delegate the role with the agreement of the Partnership.
- Denise Hyland Deputy Mayor Royal Borough of Greenwich
The Partnership is assisted by an Executive formed of a number of World Heritage partner organisations. The Executive works under separate terms of reference and is responsible for the overall management of the World Heritage Site and implementing decisions of the Partnership which also sets the policy framework for the Site. The Executive is currently chaired by Paddy Rogers, Director, Royal Museums of Greenwich and our members are:
- Paddy Rogers Director Royal Museums Greenwich
- Matthew Mees Chief Executive Old Royal Naval College
- Professor Jane Harrington Vice Chancellor University of Greenwich
- Chris Forster Director of Estates & Facilities University of Greenwich
- Barrie Kelly Chief Executive Visit Greenwich
- Wendy Foreman St Alfege Church
- Graham Dear Park Manager Greenwich Park
- Kingsley Otubushin Head of Business Engagement & Town Centres Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Ryan Bunce Transport Strategy Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Mervyn Fernandes Greenwich Town Centre Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Jonathan Peel Director of Operations and Business Enterprise Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Gillie Bexson Property Director Greenwich Hospital
- Pieter van der Merwe Deputy Lieutenant for Greenwich and Greenwich Curator Emeritus Royal Museums Greenwich
World Heritage Site Co-ordinator
The World Heritage Site Co-ordinator reports to the Chair of the World Heritage Site Executive and is responsible for revising and implementing the Management Plan for the site, liaising with partners and stakeholders, and financial and administrative management. The Co-ordinator also liaises with other World Heritage Sites, UNESCO, government, and statutory and advisory bodies, to exchange information, identify best practice and represent Maritime Greenwich at World Heritage meetings.
- Peter Marsden World Heritage Site Coordinator Maritime Greenwich World Heritage